Privacy and Spam Policy
LawListing, LLC | Law Commentary
LawListing, LLC is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletters, products and services and those providing contact information. In addition, LawListing, LLC is opposed to spam, which is the unauthorized e-mail delivery for commercial purposes.
The following is our Privacy and Spam Policy explaining how your personal information is treated. From time to time we may introduce additional information or offer new services that may affect this policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy and Spam Policy, please email.
What information do we collect?
LawListing, LLC only collects user-provided personally identifiable information. This information is provided when website visitors complete one of our online forms (examples include newsletter subscriptions or contact forms). The following list includes ways we collect personal information from our website visitors and the type of information collected:
ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTER: To register online for any of our electronic newsletters, we request the following required information: (i) full name, (ii) e-mail address and (iii) phone number via an online form. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
FREE WHITE PAPER DOCUMENTS: To register online for our free White Paper documents, we request the following required information: (i) full name, (ii) e-mail address and (iii) phone number via an online form. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive the document. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
GENERAL CONTACT FORMS: To contact LawListing, LLC for the purposes of evaluating or engaging us for marketing services, or to answer your questions, we utilize numerous forms throughout our site. Required information varies depending on the form and at most includes (i) full name, (ii) e-mail address and (iii) phone number. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive a response from us. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
Do you share my information?
LawListing, LLC will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information with third parties.
How does LawListing, LLC use my information?
Personal information collected by LawListing, LLC is used primarily for the purpose in which it is collected: to facilitate the distribution of a newsletter, White Paper documents or proposal to interested recipients. In addition, LawListing, LLC may use your information as follows:
- Information may be used in aggregate with other subscribers to review the effectiveness of our marketing programs and analyze other general demographic trends
- We may occasionally contact you to conduct surveys or to obtain feedback on our products, our website, industry trends or other aspects of our business
- To notify you of new information or services that may be of interest to you
- To send promotional materials
California Privacy Law
California Civil Code § 1798.83 allows users who are California residents to request information in regards to the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Users may also request access or the deletion of the data. Knapp, Petersen & Clarke will not disclose your personal data to third parties’ marketing purposes if you have exercised your right to prevent that information from being disclosed. If you do not want your personal information shared, you may request to delete your data.
If you have any questions or would like to exercise your rights, feel free to email.
What if there are changes to this privacy and spam policy?
If we change our Privacy and Spam Policy, we will post those changes on this page. If at any point we decide to use personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an e-mail. Users will have a choice whether or not we use their information in this new manner. By default we will use information in accordance with the Privacy and Spam Policy under which the information was collected.
How can I opt out?
If you have opted in and later desire to opt-out from further receiving any of ours newsletters, you can make this change at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe URL embedded in our newsletter. Be sure to use or indicate the e-mail address to be removed from the list.
LawListing, LLC is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send e-mail to users that have explicitly requested to receive an e-mail from us. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the our electronic newsletters
- Users that request a copy of one of our free White Papers
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested.
WEB LINKS: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that LawListing, LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy and spam policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy and Spam Policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Where We Place Cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These locations may include:
Our mobile apps;
The emails we send.
Types of Cookies
The bullet points below outline the types of cookies we use on our Services and why we use them. We also provide explanations of their purpose(s).
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for our Services to perform their basic functions. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” for e-commerce functionality.
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Services, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our Services function and to understand how users interact with our Services.
- Functionality. These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Advertising. These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to users who use our Services, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our Services. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products or services you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites and services. These are set by us and trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
- Third Party / Embedded Content. Services hosted by us make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of Service visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons). As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
How do I contact LawListing, LLC?
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the LawCommentary.com website or this Privacy and Spam Policy, you may contact us by email at or at:
7083 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site.